Join our team and take you career to the next level!
Join a team of engaged, knowledgeable and hard-working professionals. Make lifelong connections, enjoy what you do, and work in a firm that has played a significant role in the local business community for over 30 years.
- Prepare audit, review and notice to reader engagements;
- Maintain professional and Firm standards;
- Maintain regular contact with Manager and provide updates on engagement process;
- Communicate significant issues to manager and propose solutions when appropriate;
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior team members;
- Identify, investigate and correct discrepancies/ irregularities in client financial entries, documents and reports;
- Communicate directly with clients, government agencies and other business contacts as required;
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes;
- Raise awareness of the firm at community events and participate in networking events;
- Attend internal and external courses to further develop accounting and assurance knowledge.
- An accounting degree, diploma or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 3 years experience in public accounting performing similar work;
- Superior time management skills: working efficiently and managing file budgets;
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with ASPE and NPOs;
- Strong working knowledge of Sage 50 and/or QuickBooks, Caseware, TaxPrep or a similar tax program;
- Solid understanding of business, accounting, management and practice development principles;
- Experience with owner-managed, small to mid-size businesses and experience with not-for-profit organizations would be assets;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to effectively convey messages and collect information;
- High degree of professionalism and the ability to build rapport with clients and external business contacts;
What we offer:
- A total compensation package that includes competitive wages, health and dental benefits, a group RRSP with matching contribution, Firm sponsored social events and professional development assistance.
- Association with a Firm known for expertise, superior work quality, and a history of strong client relationships.
- Growth opportunities for those interested.
- A culture based on collaboration and a sense of community.
If this sounds interesting to you, please send your cover letter and resume to the Manager of Human Resources at email@example.com